(as of Jan 30,2023 04:07:26 UTC – Details)
Get a comprehensive, in-depth introduction to the core Python language with this hands-on book. Based on author Mark Lutz’s popular training course, this updated fifth edition will help you quickly write efficient, high-quality code with Python. It’s an ideal way to begin, whether you’re new to programming or a professional developer versed in other languages.
Complete with quizzes, exercises, and helpful illustrations, this easy-to-follow, self-paced tutorial gets you started with both Python 2.7 and 3.3— the latest releases in the 3.X and 2.X lines—plus all other releases in common use today. You’ll also learn some advanced language features that recently have become more common in Python code.
- Explore Python’s major built-in object types such as numbers, lists, and dictionaries
- Create and process objects with Python statements, and learn Python’s general syntax model
- Use functions to avoid code redundancy and package code for reuse
- Organize statements, functions, and other tools into larger components with modules
- Dive into classes: Python’s object-oriented programming tool for structuring code
- Write large programs with Python’s exception-handling model and development tools
- Learn advanced Python tools, including decorators, descriptors, metaclasses, and Unicode processing
From the Publisher
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things (and do them better) by providing the skills and understanding that are necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of expert pioneers and practitioners who share their knowledge through the O’Reilly learning platform and our books—which have been heralded for decades as the definitive way to learn the technologies that are shaping the future. So individuals, teams, and organizations learn the tools, best practices, and emerging trends that will transform their industries.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help them do just that.
Explore Python books from O’Reilly Media
Modern Computing in Simple Packages
Powerful Object-Oriented Programming
How to Think Like a Computer Scientist
Recipes for Mastering Python 3
Best Practices for Development
The Art of Scientific Python
Publisher:O’Reilly Media; Fifth edition (July 16, 2013)
Item Weight:4.95 pounds
Dimensions:7 x 2.8 x 9.19 inches